Encyclopedia of Microfluidics and Nanofluidics-2nd Edition
Preface to the Second Edition from Prof. Dongqing Li
Microfluidics, nanofluidics, and lab-on-a-chip are among the most rapidly growing fields of scientific research and technology development. In order to meet the needs of research and technology development and to provide a single reference resource with updated reviews and overviews of various directions of microfluidics, nanofluidics, and lab-on-a-chip, the first edition of the Encyclopedia of Microfluidics and Nanofluidics was published in 2008.
This first edition has been considered as a most valuable reference and highly appreciated by the community over the past several years. In order to keep the information up to date and to add coverage to newly developing areas, we are very pleased to present to you the second edition of the Encyclopedia. This new edition of the Encyclopedia includes the updated entries of the first edition that cover leading-edge research. Furthermore, this new edition of the Encyclopedia includes over 80 new entries to cover new topics in microfluidics, nanofluidics, and lab-on-chip technology, for example, energy conversion and material synthesis using micro-/nanofluidics, and microfluidic chips made of paper and fabric. The entries are organized around four types – fundamentals, theoretical models and numerical simulations, experimental techniques, and applications and devices. These carefully selected contributions are written by well-known experts in microfluidics and nanofluidics and are reviewed by the editorial board and section editors consisting of internationally leading scientists in these fields.
I would like to thank and congratulate all the contributing authors. Through this Encyclopedia, you have made a great contribution to these fields. I would like to give my sincere thanks to all the section editors for reviewing and editing so many manuscripts to ensure the highest quality. Finally, my great appreciation goes to the colleagues at Springer, Lydia Mueller, Sunali Mull, and Audrey Wong; their persistent efforts and hard work ensured the completion of this Encyclopedia.
- Hardcover: 3535 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2nd ed. 2015 edition (December 6, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1461454883
- ISBN-13: 978-1461454885
- Product Dimensions: 10.2 x 7.3 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 16.5 pounds
Content and Section Editors
- Charles Chun Yang Division of Thermal Fluids Engineering, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Tony Jun Huang Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
- Je-Kyun Park Department of Bio and Brain Engineering, College of Life Science and Bioengineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, Korea
Theory and Simulation
- Ali Beskok Department of Mechanical Engineering, Lyle School of Engineering, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, USA
- Ruey-Jen Yang Department of Engineering Science, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City, Taiwan Experimental Techniques Martin Gijs Laboratory of Microsystems, Ecole Polytechnique Fe´de´rale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Isao Kobayashi Advanced Food Technology Laboratory, Food Engineering Division, National Food Research Institute, NARO, Ibaraki, Japan Carolyn L. Ren Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Applications and Devices
- Andrew J. deMello Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zu¨rich), Zurich, Switzerland
- Gwo-Bin Lee Department of Power Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Institute of NanoEngineering and MicroSystems, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- Shuichi Takayama Department of Biomedical Engineering, and Macromolecular Science and Engineering Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
For information can be found on this document Encyclopedia Front Matter and the link on Springer.
Leave a comment