MilliporeSigma launched its new CellStream™ benchtop flow cytometry system, a compact, customizable flow cytometer that uses a camera for detection on April 27th 2018. Its unique optics system and design provide researchers with unparalleled sensitivity and flexibility when analyzing cells and submicron particles.
“Researchers increasingly require more power and agility in their labs and research capabilities,” said Jean-Charles Wirth, head of Applied Solutions at MilliporeSigma. “MilliporeSigma’s new CellStream™ flow cytometry system expands the limits of sensitivity, allowing scientists to tailor their instrument to their needs in immunology, cancer research and many other areas.”
The CellStreamTM system’s Amnis® time-delay integration and camera technology rapidly captures low-resolution cell images and converts them to high-throughput intensity data with enhanced fluorescence sensitivity. The new system can be used in a wide variety of research areas, including exosome research, where it can identify small populations unable to be seen on other cytometers.
MilliporeSigma developed this new technology with the same patent-protected optics system as its Amnis® flow cytometers, which are used in academic, biotech and pharmaceutical cell analysis and research applications.
The CellStream™ flow cytometry system offers multiple innovative features, including:
- Fully customizable 7-laser capacity provides unparalleled versatility and the capability to obtain up to 22 detection channels.
- Patent-protected TDI sensor and camera technology enables high fluorescence sensitivity.
- The system may be fully and quickly upgraded on-site to add more lasers if needed.
- Standard 96-well plate auto-sampler is available on all instruments to capture high-throughput intensity data.
- Event gallery allows visual verification of cell populations and helps troubleshoot.
The new CellStream™ system expands MilliporeSigma’s portfolio of innovative flow cytometry platforms.